ESM BF-110C Model Airplane ARF (241cm, 9kg, 2x15cc) W027
Wing span (spanwijdte) 2413 mm 95"
Length 1817 mm 71.5"
Flying weight 9 kg 19.8 lbs
Radio 6-10 channels, 11-13 servos
Engine Gas (benzine) 2 x 15cc, 20cc
Engine Glow (gloeiplug) 2 x 15cc 4-cycle (.91)
ESM BF-110C Zerstorer, optional retract system
Retracts Available : Electric Retracts BF-110c G4 with Aluminium Hub send email for prices and stock availability
Factory painted to scale, and pre-applied decals, covered with clear coat.
All hardware included (screws, rods, fuel tanks etc...)
Epoxy resin fiberglass fuselage, built up wings, covered with solartex fabric and finished with a flat paint scheme, decals pre-applied and clear coated!
Hardware package and illustrated instruction manual included.
Rotating retracts: including alloy wheels, oleo struts and retract system. Incorporate all of the latest design improvements.
The BF-110 sprung from a 1934 competition for a heavy fighter capable of carrying a small bombload and cannon.
The first prototype flew in 1936, with the aircraft flying considerably faster than anticipated. It beat out the competition from Henschel and the Focke-Wulf 187 and went into production.
The initial run using the DB600 were found to be tempermental, so they were replaced by the Junkers Jumo 210B engine and eventually the DB 601B engine.
The maximum speed was 336 mph, and the range was 680 miles.
The BF-110 first saw combat in the polish campaign, and also the invasions of Norway and Denmark and the low ries.
During the battle of britain it became very clear it was unsuited for use as a daylight fighter, with too wide a turning radius it was easily outfought by more nimble hurricanes and spitfires.
After the battle of britain the BF-110's were shifted to the mediterranean theatre and the eastern front, they saw heavy duty, particularly in an air-to-ground role. It was also used to defend Germany as a night fighter and a bomber destroyer.
This model is a BF-110C from Stab II/ZG 1 'Wespen Geschwader', stationed on the eastern front near Bagerowo, Russia - July 1942.